In our African culture, visitors are a blessing to the visited and today SambaSports Youth Agenda was privileged to recieve 6 visitors from NDMA, UNDP and IPSTC among them the IPSTC National Director. There were 17 Samba members present in the meeting, among them were three Children who were beneficiaries of our ICT program.
On their arrival the visitors were taken round by the finance and admin Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Cephas Juma, Nancy Wambura, Abigael Kavithu and Abdul Mohammed to see our office and the facilities we have that we use in our daily activities. During the tour, they were also taken through a pictorial exhibition, potraying our past activities.
They then proceeded to where the rest of the team was waiting for them and the following were talked about :
- A brief description of Samba Sports Youth Agenda was given and explanation on the pillars that guide us as an organization.
- Each project was described briefly and each project’s purpose well explained and the project teams described their projects.
- How we have benefited from the tent and chairs that were donated by NDMA to us.
- Then the achievements of Samba.
- Then challenges that we face as Samba.
- The future plans that we have as Samba.
- Organizational growth and individual growth and here each individual had the chance to talk about what they have benefited from Samba
The visitors were impressed with our work, determination, ambition and vision. As a result, they promised to solve some of the challenges we had mentioned:
- Donating computers and CPU for the ICT program.
- Donating sewing machines for the free tailoring and dressmaking courses.
- The Director IPSTC committed to stay in touch and would link the Organization with emerging opportunities as we go.
After the meeting the visitors were served with palm juice ‘madafu’ and cashew nuts as a way of appreciating their important visit.
We wish to appreciate the National Drought Management Authority, Kwale County, for their continued to our Organization.