Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health Induction (ASRHI-2) has been focusing on seeing how the adolescents are applying the life skills techniques learnt from Phase One. These include critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, self esteem, self awareness and self control.
A total number of 31 adolescents were engaged in at Ng’ombeni, 15 male and 16 female. Opening the session with Value Based Education activities which saw the adolescents make name tags using the first letter of their name including an a adjective in the same order.
Working in groups of five, the adolescents discussed to find answers to the following questions to test their understanding and application of the lessons learnt:
- What will I do if I got pregnant while in school?
- What will I do if I impregnated someone?
- What are criminal gangs and why are they formed?
- Am I on the right track with my dreams/career?
- What if I got addicted to drugs, how would my life be?
The outcome was very satisfying demonstrating utter comprehension from the adolescents. The facilitators ironed out and emphasized on some of the areas felt to be of weakness.